OK, here are set 2 of the Friday First lines. The challenge here is to see if you recognize them, so no looking them up on the internet!
In addition, the ones that are italicized are translated from another language (which means, among other things, that they may slightly differ from your copy.)
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
- Eh bien, mon prince, so Genoa and Lucca are now no more than family estates of the Bonapartes.
- The first place that I can remember well was a large pleasant meadow with a pond of clear water in it.
- Late in the afternoon of a chilly day in February, two gentlemen were sitting alone over their wine, in a well furnished dining parlor, in the town of P_______.
- Serene was a word you could put to Brooklyn, New York.
- The drought had lasted now for ten million years, and the reign of the terrible lizards had long since ended.
- The year 1866 was signalized by a remarkable incident, a mysterious and puzzling phenomenon, which doubtless no one has yet forgotten.
- In that place the wind prevailed.
- Mrs. May lived in two rooms in Kate’s parents’ house in London.
- Squire Trelawney, Dr. Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen have asked me to write down the whole particulars about….
ETA: I don’t know what 18 and 19 are. So if you know those, I’ll probably end up taking your word for it ;o)