I -did- warn you.
Today I’m interviewed over at Manga Maniac Cafe (where I admit that Duilio wasn’t supposed to have a name at all.)
I’m a guest at Lucienne Diver’s Blog, where I talk about editing.
I’m also guest on today’s SFSignal Mind Meld, where we discuss What Book Would You Like to Experience Again for the First Time?
I ran across a rather lovely review from Kirkus:
An ambitious debut from Cheney: part fantasy, part romance, part police procedural and part love letter to Lisbon in the early 1900s.
I don’t know if I could have gotten a better tag line if I’d paid them. Except that the book isn’t set in Lisbon. My writer friends have suggested a correction…
An ambitious debut from Cheney: part fantasy, part romance, part police procedural and part love letter to [Portugal] in the early 1900s.
And I will do my first Twitter Chat tonight at 8PM Central time. This will be an adventure, but I think I’m ready. Look for the tag #sffwrtcht (SFF Writer Chat).
And finally, some notes on the first day of being a debut author.
1) Amazon is down to 7 copies. I kinda want them to sell out, but that wouldn’t be good business.
2) I climbed to 59 on the Historical Fantasy chart….which is good enough for me. Thanks, everyone!
3) In a related note, the ranking seems totally unrelated to how many books are left, so there’s a more complicated algorithm being used for that.
4) A couple of kind reviews have shown up on Amazon. Thanks so much for that!!!!
5) I feel no different than the day before, I’m afraid. Still trying to hit a deadline and have to go to the store and get dog food. Life goes on, much as before.